Thursday, September 22, 2005

And Now Rita

Galveston is one of my kids' favorite places to visit. They love the sand, playing on the beach, watching the seagulls, playing in the waves. I love off-season, beat the crowds. Last spring we spent a few days there with my father-in-law and his wife, who were down south, thawing out from their Alaska winter. We had a great time. I'm glad that we went.

Rita is now heading that way, good to see that Galveston is being evacuated. That seawall just doesn't look big enough to me, not to mention the storm itself, it is huge.

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, they are predicting whatever is left of the storm to be up this way. Gas already jumped 10 cents a gallon yesterday, they really did find a way to tie the price of gas to the weather. Meanwhile, I'm cleaning out my fridge before doing the week's grocery shopping. I don't want to be anywhere close to the stores this weekend, it'll be crazy Friday and Saturday, and Sunday-Monday if we are having 45 mph winds and a foot and a half of rain, I'm not driving anywhere.

No comments: